Thank you for completing the form. An advisor will be in communication with you within three business days.
Please note: this form checks initial eligibility only. When we contact you about whether you are eligible, unfortunately we will not be able to provide additional details on your eligibility. If you would like more information about your eligibility for the Compact, please reach out to your former college or university.
To be eligible for the Ohio Compact, prospective students also:
- Must have been enrolled in one of the Compact’s participating institutions, with the most recent enrollment at least 2 terms (at least one spring and one fall) prior to the next available term in which they can enroll.
- Must owe a certified debt of $5,000 or less to one previously attended Compact institution (not more than one institution).
- Must have debt that is certified to the Office of the Attorney General, and not assigned to a special counsel.
- Cannot currently be involved in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Cannot currently be enrolled in an associates or bachelor’s degree or certificate program at any Compact institution or non-participating institution.
- Cannot previously have received the maximum debt cancellation through the Compact.